5 Jan 2010

What I learned in Flickr School Today



Oh, the things I have learned just in five days of the Blog Camp 365 project.

Today I learned:

 That a half-crappy shot of ice crystals in a freeezing car in the morning  can look good if it's cropped and taken down in temperature.

This is the original image:



 Rubbish-truck drivers blocking the road can make you pick up the camera while driving, and cause almost-accidents shoot n'driving. But the light and reflections are really cool.



 Manual white balance is really easy: This yellow collegue (Andy) looked a lot more healthy after he gave me a little lesson.


Before


After

 I don't hate flash (although I do have an external one for work) and I'm actually pretty good at using it. All my press photography flash knowledge came back to me in a desperate moment of poor light.


 Can you tell that I used flash?

All that learning in one day. Where will it end?

2 comments:

  1. i remember when i first learned about wb... (i won´t tell you how many years went by without me asking what that wb button was for...):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the fixed settings a lot, but it was a real step for me to get to know the manual one :-)

    Was dead-easy too, and I can't believe it took me so long. But I guess you mature into these things.

    ReplyDelete

You're comments keep me going. Keep them coming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...