10 Jan 2011

Plyboard Rolls


These knobbly and sandpapery looking rolls are one of the more delicious things I've baked lately. And they are healthy too.

I can't take credit for inventing them. I saw them being made on morning TV, and it looked so easy. Of course I adapted it a little, but the original recipie is here.

And guess what? It was easy! 

They have been tested on My Men and guests and they all raved. I prefer them with a slathering of real butter, but they are apparently good with white or brown cheeze.

Musli Rolls with Figs and Walnuts

1/2 kg rough wheat flour
1/2 kg rough rye flour
50 grams yeast (or equivalent in dry yeast)
2 ts salt
3 dl wheat bran
2 dl oat bran
1 dl linseeds
300 grams chopped mixed nuts (I used walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds)
200 grams chopped dried figs (I would use whatever I have in the pantry)
12 dl tepid water

Mix all but 2 dl of the flour mixture together with the tepid water mixed with yeast. This gives a loose batter/dough that you can mix by hand or in your machine (I used my Kitchen Aid) for five minutes. Add the rest of the flour untill you have a thick and sticky dough. Leave to cure for an hour in a warm place.

Litterally blob the now stringy and sticky mixture onto a baking tray lined with waxed paper. I think I made 32 rolls. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 225 degrees celcius for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.

We ate loads for lunch on Sunday, and I have split some and frozen them so I can pop them in the toaster in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments keep me going. Keep them coming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...