1 Feb 2011

Vegan Feast

Vegan Collection

I accidentally made a vegan meal today.

Big Brother got picked up by his Farmor (Fathers mother)and Farfar (Fathers father) after kindie today, and Big Man used the oppertunity to spend a few more hours at work. He called home, hungry, and instead of getting a take-away (which we do too often) we decided just to eat musli rolls to save money (and probably calories too).

Quinoa

But when I wrote my quinoa post, he complained that he hadn't tasted the curly seeds, so I started making some salad. In the process of going through my cupboards I found some chickpeas, and some tahini in the fridge, and suddenly I was making hummus while the grains were cooking. I also realised that the meal was completely vegan.


Easy Hummus

250 grams of cooked chickpeas (I had a little carton)
1 tablespoon tahini
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 tablespoons water
Pepper

Blend it all together, add water to get the right consistensy. I don't add salt because it's already added in the carton.

Big man liked the salad. Not the hummus. But then he's still in husband training school.

Quinoa

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're comments keep me going. Keep them coming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...